new year, new shoes
On my current wish list is a pair of over the knee boots. I've already dedicated a whole post to my undying love of the Stuart Weitzman Lowland boots, but before I make an investment like that I'd like to exhaust the more affordable options. Most of the boots I found were more similar to the Stuart Weitzman 5050s with their elastic backs. I'm not sure how I feel about this since I think elastic backs can look somewhat matronly. In addition, if I'm paying over $100 for a pair of shoes, they better be of good quality. When a boot is half elastic rather than leather or suede, I'm getting less bang for my buck. A fitted shaft is another must-- not too tight that they look painted on, but not too loose that they end up scrunching down, specially around the ankles. Of course some scrunching is inevitable, and I think suede hides that better than a smooth leather.
In an ideal world, all of these shoes would be available in my size at one retailer, so I could try them on consecutively, and make a decision. If you've tried any of these on or have any other OTK boot suggestions, please share!
1. Chinese Laundry (on sale)-- pictures of them worn on this blog
2. Urban Outfitters
3. Tommy Hilfiger (on sale)
4. Stuart Weitzman (~30% off in other colors)
5. Stuart Weitzman Lowland <3<3<3<3
6. Via Spiga (on sale, out of stock online but you can use live chat to find them in stores)-- tried these on in store and I felt like I was wearing superhero shoes. While they are made out of suede, they look like neoprene :/
7. Steven by Steve Madden (on sale)
8. Free People
P.S If you're reading this, I hope you had a wonderful start to 2015!