rosemary infused blackberry + honey popsicles
In my quest to eat healthier, I've been making a lot of smoothies and popsicles this summer. With so many delicious fruits in season, they possibilities are endless. I played off this food52 recipe to make these rosemary infused blackberry + honey popsicles :)
Ingredients for 4 popsicles:
1 6 oz. carton of blackberries
1/4 cup brown sugar
Generous pinch of white sugar
Squeeze of lemon
1/2 cup water
2 sprigs of rosemary
1+1/4 cup full fat plain yogurt (you might not need all of it)
1) First make a syrup. Bring the sugar, water, and rosemary to a boil. Stir and let the sugar dissolve. Put aside to let cool.
2) Put the berries in a pot over low-medium heat. Add the pinch of sugar and squeeze of lemon to help bring out the flavors and juices of the berries. Leave the berries on the stove for a few minutes to get them nice and plump.
3) Blend the berries, then put them through a strainer to get rid of the seeds.
4) Add 1/3-1/2 cup of yogurt to the berries. (I started off with 1/4 and ended up adding a few tablespoons).
5) Add the syrup by tablespoon to determine how sweet you want your pops to be.
6) Fill the popsicle holders about 3/4 up. Freeze for 2-3 hours so that it's not completely frozen.
7) Finally add the final layer-- made by mixing 1/2 cup plain yogurt with raw honey until you reach your desired sweetness. You may need to use more or less yogurt depending on how much juice you got out of your berries.
8) Freeze overnight, and voila, your pops are all done!